Home Forums Power Update Running Macros Via PowerUpdate are failing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Charles 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

debbie.cruz
    Participant
    • Started: 5
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 10

I can not get the macro to run via PowerUpdate (at least not consistently).  I have a macro enabled workbook (.xlsm) and marcos are enabled  — and I can run the macro from within the workbook, but when I configure PowerUpdate to run the macro either before or after update, by specifying  ThisWorkbook.MacroName I am consistently getting this error

I have also added the workbook file location to the trusted locations and the %localappdata% directory as well.

“(Please note that macros in ThisWorkbook need to be specified as ThisWorkbook.Macroname). Error: Cannot run the macro ‘EmailTest’. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.”‘

I’m at a loss of what else to do in order to get this to work.

Charles
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 34
    • Total: 36

Hi,

Try to specify the Macro name without ThisWorkbook.

Charles

jt1369
    Participant
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 1

The error was user confusion on my part. I was thinking that the vb code was input into the set up screens within Power Update. But all it was really asking for was the macro name to invoke the macro that was within the source workbook.

debbie.cruz
    Participant
    • Started: 5
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 10

i found my problem. it was an issue that the macro was attempting to send an email via outlook, but it was causing the security warning message box to pop up, so that was failing the macro.  I’ve had to use a workaround, so it does not item MailItem.Send and the macro is running again.

Charles
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 34
    • Total: 36

Thanks for the feedback, glad that you found the problem. Popup windows can halt the refresh process so Power Update closes them. If you experience similar issues, you can enable Options\Diagnostic Mode, when Excel is visible and popups are enabled, so it’s easier to identify the problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Power Update’ is closed to new topics and replies.