Home Forums Power Pivot Prior Year Comparison With 53 Week Year on 4-4-5 Schedule

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dmb33875 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dmb33875
    Participant
    • Started: 3
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 8

Yes, another question around custom calendars.  I set up a periods table to accommodate my company’s 4-4-5 schedule.  However every six years we have a 53 week year to keep the fiscal calendar in line with the Julian calendar.  2016 happens to be a 53 week year.  I understand how to use CALCULATE in conjunction with FILTER and MIN/MAX formulas over 52 weeks as follows:

FILTER(ALL(Periods),Periods[Period ID]>=MIN(Periods[Period ID])-52&&Periods[Period ID]<=MAX(Periods[Period ID])-52)

Doing a year over year look up from the end of the 53 week should be easy as there is no prior marker.  However what happens when you get into the next 52 week year after completing a 53 week year?  Add in a statement to recognize IF(Data[Year]=2017 then add another FILTER formula on 53 week basis or is there an easier way?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.