Home Forums Power Pivot Office 365 or 2013 – or are they exactly the same?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

daievans
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

I’ve been using 2010 and am contemplating upgrades and new laptop(s).

Anyone know if there’s any difference between O365 and O2013? I know they allow you to use the product on up to 5 machines. I’ve thought about having one laptop with 64-bit Office to test heavy PowerPivot loads – anyone got any experience of that and advice to offer?

Thanks for your considered thoughts …

DME

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Hello daievans,

*** This comment was modified from original to incorporate change in an email I received from Chris Jones, site administrator for this forum ***.

I signed up for Office 365 professional plus and enjoy the option of having the product on up to 5 machines and, the idea that Microsoft would keep the product up-to-date for me (I did not have to worry about installing service packs, etc.) was a big plus.

That said, there may be a couple of possible surprises for you (at least there were for me). First, when I signed up for Office 365 a copy of 32-bit Office, professional plus version, was downloaded onto my machine (although the machine where the product was installed is 64 bit). A link which describes how to download the 64-bit version for Office 365 can be found here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/194526/how-to-install-the-64-bit-version-of-office-365-for-windows/

Also, as part of my Office 365 professional account, I have access to an online version (runs in browser) of MS Office. This online version leaves something to be desired, because it does not appear to fully support Power Pivot (I have to modify the Power Pivot model outside of the browser).

One other feature of Office 365 that I plan to take advantage of centers around collaboration and sharing documents online.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.