Home Forums Power Pivot Migrating PivotTabls from PP Data Model to Tabular

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  debbie.cruz 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

debbie.cruz
    Participant
    • Started: 5
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 10

We have many PP data models that we are converting to Tabular — which has been working great. However, I am hoping that there is an easier way than recreating all the  pivot tables to update the source from the PP Data model (ThisWorkbookDataModel) to the Tabular connection which I’ve added to the workbook. In the case of Cubevalues, that was easy with a find & replace. But I have yet to find an approach to migrate the PivotTables and Slicers… and some reports have a TON of pivot tables and/or slicers, that it a time consuming task to recreate and I’m concerned I’ll miss something when re-creating the tables with the new Tabular data model.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Debbie,

Did you import your tables into Power Pivot using Power Query or did you import your tables directly into the Power Pivot window?

Tom

debbie.cruz
    Participant
    • Started: 5
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 10

Sorry, i’m not sure I understand your question. I have migrated the PP data Model to Tabular, so I don’t have a PP data model, and connect to the model that lives in Analysis Services.

But all the existing Pivot Tables use the connection for ThisWorkbookDataModel, which I can’t seem to update thru UI or VBA, and you cannot change the datasource of PP Pivot Tables (via the UI).

I’ve tried a few suggestions I found online. I can, via VBA, update the ConnectionString, but that didn’t seem to do anything. The pivot tables are still acessing the data from the PowerPivot datamodel, and not the model that lives in Analysis Services.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.