Home Forums Power Pivot Measure to go capture the 'Next' customer on a route.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Walter 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark Walter
    Participant
    • Started: 9
    • Replies: 19
    • Total: 28

I get a delivery car mileage report that gives me the mile distance between stop1 and stop2 (2 is the current customer).  Say we go from Cust 1 to Cust 2, the report tells me in the record that we drove 5 miles to get here.  The next record says we then went on from Cust2 to Cust 3.

I want a measure that will consider the car# being driven, and look at the current time stamp, then look for the very next time stamp for that car, and look at the next cust# (in this case Cust#3).

I would love a measure that would look at the two customer numbers on either end of the current stop, and when those match (i.e. we go from our store to one customer then right back to the store), double the miles driven in the current record (round trip miles).

Is this possible?  Many thanks for your time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Mark,

Sorry for delay, will look into your mile report later today; most likely will have some additional questions.

Mark Walter
    Participant
    • Started: 9
    • Replies: 19
    • Total: 28

Tom,

Thanks for  your reply.  Had some time to take a stab at this today, would like your comments on this.  Look at the Fact Miles table in PP.  I applied the EARLIER and LOOKUP formulas in calculated columns.

I have a long way to go in PP but am getting some good insights from this site.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.