Home Forums Power Pivot Many to Many nightmare

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KCantor
    Participant
    • Started: 13
    • Replies: 30
    • Total: 43

Okay, this one is a tough one for me but is probably very simple for some of the DAX gurus on this page.

I have two fact tables: Campaigns and Sales.  Normally I use one item table for the sales facts that is based upon item number and then associates manufacturer and product catagory. The campaign table has both of those listings  but not an item number which means it is a many to many connection which doesn’t work too well. In order to calculate totals, I broke the item table into two pieces: Manufacturer and Product. Some campaigns have a manufacturer but not a product and some have a product and not a manufacturer. I would like to use this data to apply a weighted amount to manufacturers for product campaigns that do not have a manufacturer. I have given these generic names in order to build a foundation. What I don’t know how to do is to bring the two look ups together. I would like to divide the product spend by the number of manufacturers for that product and assign it to the manufacturer to add to manufacturer specific totals.

KCantor
    Participant
    • Started: 13
    • Replies: 30
    • Total: 43

Trying again to attach the file.  Here is a dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9cul41v8ck9h6b/test%20data%202.0.xlsx?dl=0

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Kristi,

I have downloaded and reviewed the workbook.

I do not have an answer for the steps to go about doing what you want to do. This would be one of the few forum topics that I would recommend speaking to a paid consultant who would have access to the entire data set.

Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.