Home Forums Power Pivot Diagram of gantt

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

GAETAN GARIN
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 8
    • Total: 9

Hello to all and to all,

I wish to realize a diagram of gantt.
    The objective is to realize a schedule according to a schedule of departure and a schedule of the end.

The board contains has titular of column the dates of the week.
    Below dates, there are three columns which contains respectively the values following one: F1; LMP; rally.
    These data correspond to a type(chap) of service.
    To the left of the board a column will allow to define schedules.

I created a reading of dates has to leave a temporal segment.

I wish to get back in the body of the board the name of the customer.

Ideally the name of the customer will appear on the time slot.

Have you an idea to get back the name of the customer and not a numerical value.

Also have you an idea so that the name of the customer appears on the time slot?

As attachment I put the board which I realized and the board which I wish to obtain.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Greeting Gaetan,

After looking over the attached workbooks and reading your requirements, my initial response is that Power Pivot will not give you what you are asking for.

There are at least two topics that should be discussed before further pursuing your objectives:

First: Since the sample tables of Gantt charts contain customer names in the values area, you have to figure out how to aggregate text information to make the customer names appear there.

Second: Power Pivot formulas are evaluated one cell at a time, and the evaluation of a formula in one cell has no knowledge of the contents of any other cell. What this means in light of a Power Pivot table that would contain customer names in the values area is that each and every cell that applied to a customer would have the customer’s name (not a name appearing once and representing a block of contiguous customer entries).

What I could picture being done in a Power Pivot table is time segments down rows (Excel tables showed each row containing 20 minute segments) and days of a week across the columns, each column subdivided into the three service categories.

There would be two slicers, one for week and another for customer names.

A basic fact table would consist of at least:

Customer, Day, Service, Time Segment (representing one of a set of pre-defined blocks of 20 minute durations that make up a day that runs from 8 in the morning until 11 at night)

Someone or some process would have to break down the time segments into the 20 minute blocks; I cannot see Power Pivot using “ranges” consisting of start and stop times to cover multiple 20 minute durations (but maybe Power Query or a database server could help out with this).

There would probably be dimension tables for time segments that would be a lookup table from the fact table, and a calendar table that would be a lookup table time segments table. There would also be a customer dimension table.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.