Home Forums Power Pivot Conditional Formatting disappears

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KCantor 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KCantor
    Participant
    • Started: 13
    • Replies: 30
    • Total: 43

Jumped right in with Sarah Problem because Sarah resides in our data. Everything is working except the conditional formatting of the flag symbol. When I add the formatting it appears correctly but after the first pivot of the table, the underlying number shows up and never goes away. At first I thought I forgot to apply the formatting but when I check, the rule is in place and correct. Can anyone provide insight as to why this would not “stick”?

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Are you using Excel 2010, 2013 or 2016?

Also, if using Excel 2013, from your reference to conditional formatting I assume you are referring to the indicator flags under icon sets for conditional formatting and not the flag style icon for KPIs on the Power Pivot tab?

KCantor
    Participant

I am using PowerPivot in Excel 2013. I am referring to the indicator flags under icon sets in conditional formatting. They initially apply (with the show icon only box checked). As soon as the table expands or collapses, however, the number hidden under the flag is displayed and the flags never come back.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Hi,

I am also using Excel 2013, Office 365 Pro Plus, and the flags do not disappear after collapsing and expanding the table.

However, it sounds like it may be related to the “Try Again Bug” MS recently fixed (Power Pivot in Excel 2013 November 2015 Customer Upate) that Matt Allington mentioned here.

If you have not installed the November 2015 update, which you can access through the first link, you could see if that makes a difference.

If that does not work, the flag indicator under KPIs on the Power Pivot tab of the Excel ribbon may be an option (now that the “Try Again Bug” is resolved).

KCantor
    Participant

That was the problem. Update resolved the issue. Thank you for pointing me in that direction!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.