Home Forums Power Pivot combine a row in Power Query without grouping and losing other data.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  porter444 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

KCantor
    Participant
    • Started: 13
    • Replies: 30
    • Total: 43

I have a conundrum. We have a rep that has returned after a previous stint here. He has a new rep ID. I need to combine his new numbers with his old numbers but am unsure how to do that. I don’t want to lose other information in columns like I would if I used group, I need all of the numbers. Is this possible?  Sample data is below. I would like for BFREE and BFREE1 to show in a single row with combined totals, summed up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

porter444
    Participant
    • Started: 10
    • Replies: 24
    • Total: 34

In the attached, I added a step to replace “BFREE1” and “BFREE” and then grouped. You could also replace “1” with nothing since only that number (in your example) needs to be removed to have the rep values match.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

KCantor
    Participant
    • Started: 13
    • Replies: 30
    • Total: 43

Thank you. We will call that solved and we shall also call it lesson learned. I had no idea that group could return multiple columns. I had simply never considered it.

Learn something everyday.

porter444
    Participant
    • Started: 10
    • Replies: 24
    • Total: 34

That’s one of the reasons I think this forum is important. Have a great day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.