Home Forums Power Pivot Classification does not work for calculated fields in the Pivot Table

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

christiane.pereira
    Participant
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 0
    • Total: 2

<hr />

Hello,

I don’t know why, but when I “transform” my calculated fields into columns in my pivot table, they don’t have filters. I can insert filters from Excel (Data -> Filter), but the problem is that the filter classification (A-Z) doesn’t work in my calculated fields columns.

Can anybody help me?

To be clearer, I attached an example about what I’m trying to say.

Please, just pay attention in the filter situation in both examples (in yellow).

Thank you in advance.

<hr />

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Hello Christiane,

Thank you for attaching a workbook example, it helped me understand your question and provide the following answer.

When you mention A-Z, you are actually describing a sort order (the ascending or descending direction of a list) and not a filter (filters hide and unhide).

If you want to sort ascending (A-Z) on the measure (calculated field) of your pivot, these are the steps to take:

Choose the left-most filter drop down (Cost Center) instead of the right most filter drop down, then choose “More Sort Options…”.

When the Sort dialog launches, choose “Ascending” and then in the associated combo box, select “May Invoices GrossRevenue”.

Your May Invoices Gross Revenue amounts will be listed from 0 at the top to 5,000,000.00 at the bottom.  To list values in the opposite direction, in the Sort dialog choose “Descending” instead of “Ascending” and then in the associated combo box, select “May Invoices Gross Revenue” and your items will be listed from 5,000,000.00 at the top to 0 at the bottom.

These are probably the steps followed when you attempted to sort the values using the drop-down button on the right-most column of EconomicGroup.  I can picture that using the left-most column’s drop down is counter-intuitive (it is furthest away from the value column), but has always been the column that has made the difference for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.