Home Forums Power Pivot How to Format Numbers in Power BI Designer Charts??

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

zackgregory12
    Participant
    • Started: 3
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 4

Call me nuts, but I can’t seem to figure out how to format number values in Power BI Designer charts. The default format seems to be “##k”. For example, 5,000 is displayed as 5k. I would simply like to display 5,000 or 10, 250 instead of 5k or 10.25k.

I’ve searched Google extensively for this issue and haven’t had any luck.

Does anyone know if it’s even possible to format chart number values in Power BI yet? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

Power BI Designer has been replaced by Power BI Desktop.  Power BI Designer was the preview edition; Power BI Desktop is the GA release.

You can download the latest version here:

<span style=”color: #be9a27;”>https://powerbi.com/dashboards/downloads/designer</span&gt;

Regarding your question, one of the itemized features in the latest release (July 24) is:

<b>Report Authoring Improvements</b>: New visualizations (Area Chart, Waterfall, Donut & Matrix); New visual formatting and customization options (labels, titles, background, legend, colors, etc.); Insert Textbox and Picture in your report; Support for hyperlinks in reports and report tables; Undo/Redo actions.

Hopefully the report authoring improvements include formatting number values.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.