Home Forums Power Pivot Where are PP's Table Tools & Linked Table tabs?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Charley
    Participant
    • Started: 8
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 13

On page 20, Rob’s book has the top image illustrated in the attached workbook. But in 2016/365, when I select the attached workbook’s linked table in the PP editor, I don’t see the tabs that Rob shows. What am I missing? Is there another way to get to the controls that Rob’s image displays?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 2554
    • Total: 2561

Charley,

The context menus of ribbon in the Power Pivot window have been modified since the book was published.

You can access the equivalent functionality in the Power Pivot window by selecting a linked table, then in the Calculations group of the Design tab, use the drop-down arrow for Calculation Options to switch from Automatic Calculation Mode to Manual Calculation Mode.

Charley
    Participant
    • Started: 8
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 13

Thanks, Tom. Are the other controls that were on that tab no longer available? For example, I see no indication in the current UI that the current table is a Linked Table.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 2554
    • Total: 2561

Equivalents to the “Update All” and “Update Selected” would be under the options of the Refresh button on the Home tab.

Checking if a table in the Power Pivot window is a linked table could possibly be done by ruling out existing external sources (Home tab > Get External Data > Existing Connections).

Personal opinion: I think MS is prompting us to use Power Query for all imports into the data model, even linked tables.

Would be interested in hearing what others have to say.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.