Home Forums Power BI PowerBI data model conversion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  honey5 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

honey5
    Participant
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 0
    • Total: 2

Hi,

I published myPower BIĀ dashboard to the cloud using Import Excel Workbook Content. Unfortunately, my hard disk dies and I lost the original workbook (which contains PowerPivot data model).

Can I convert PBIX file to PowerPivot model? I actually tried to rename the file to .zip and I could see a file called DataModel which has the similar file size as my original model but I don’t know what to do with it.

Help me please?

Thank You

Honey Asin

kalyanbl
    Participant
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 2

Hi,

Currently, the conversion between a Power Pivot for Excel data model and a Power BI data model is one way from Power Pivot for Excel to Power BI.

May I ask why you need to convert back to Power Pivot? Power BI training Desktop offers Power Pivot, so you can do your data modeling and measure definition there.

I’ve seen some people talk about changing the file extension to ‘.zip’, opening up the archive, removing the DATA file, putting that DATA file into a similarly renamed and unzipped Excel document in the ‘model’ folder, and then rezipping and renaming the Excel file back to ‘.xlsx’. I’ve never had luck with this.

Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power BI’ is closed to new topics and replies.