Home Forums Power Pivot Power Pivot Designer (Variable)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CraigsWorld 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

CraigsWorld
    Participant
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 5

While accessing an OLAP cube within (Azure based) the data model tables… since I have many tables that reference the same date structure, I was wondering if it was possible to change the date line to use a reference for the bold date below? Instead of changing all tables each week (would like to change one date in a table or anywhere else). I have created a table with a date to use and added it to the data model and both created a column to the exactly match the date structure and a measure doing the same but am unable to get either to work (maybe not referencing it correctly or may not be possible). In the designer code window it says MDX so I am not sure what to do or if I can do this? Below if a small sample with the date form required. This would be repeated in many table pulling data from multiple OLAP sources.

[Date].[Week Start Date].&<strong>[2018-11-19T00:00:00]</strong>

SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[Avg Size] }
    ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY {
    ([Area].[Area Number].[Area Number].ALLMEMBERS * [Area].[MK Code].[MK Code].ALLMEMBERS * [Date].[Week Start Date].[Week Start Date].ALLMEMBERS )
    } DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION, MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME ON ROWS FROM ( SELECT (
    { [Area].[Area Number].&[12345] } ) ON COLUMNS FROM ( SELECT (

{
    [Date].[Week Start Date].<strong>[2018-11-19T00:00:00]</strong>
    } )

ON COLUMNS FROM [Sales])) CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, BACK_COLOR, FORE_COLOR, FORMATTED_VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, FONT_NAME, FONT_SIZE, FONT_FLAGS

any help would be appreciated or to tell me that this is not possible so I don’t try anymore!

Craig

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.