Home Forums Power BI PBI Word Cloud: Evaluate Multiple Columns

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cceliot 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

cceliot
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 9

Hello –

I’ve got data from a company exit survey given to teminated employees; the survey allowed multiple responses (4) to each of 35 questions. Response were further tagged with a theme and a more specific sub theme, each with it’s own column.  So the data is structured: Employee — Question — Response 1 Text — Resp 1 Text Theme — Resp 1 Text Sub-Theme — Resp 2 Text, etc. To <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333; cursor: text; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>the question “Why did you leave,” each outgoing employee might give 2 text responses: 1 related to the theme “Time”, sub-theme “Commute Length;” another “Total Rewards”, “Base Pay.”</span>

I’ve got a question slicer and a word cloud. When I select a question in the slicer, I’d like the word cloud to update to evaluate all 4 Theme values for that question, i.e. incorporate the single records “Time” and “Base Pay”.values into the graphic. My thought is a formula that joins selected columns, and the values in the join are filtered by the slicer context. Not sure how to do that: would be a great help! Thank you all!

Christian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.