Home Forums Power Pivot Multi-Step Aggregation

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 2545
    • Total: 2552

The error occurred because I used variables, which were introduced as a feature in Excel 2016.

Attached is workbook without variables.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

AngusFair
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 27
    • Total: 31

Hi Tom,

The lack of variables is definitely a huge missing positive. Thank-you for customizing the model. I will work through the formulas using Rob’s book as a reference, and get back to you if there is anything I can’t figure out.

Thank-you,

AF

tomallan
    Keymaster

Have you considered using Power BI Desktop? It is free, has the latest and greatest of all DAX features, and you can now even print its reports!

Tom

AngusFair
    Participant

I experimented with Power BI desktop last year, and I found it was great for dashboards and reports where the final viewer is human. But a lot of what I’m doing (like this one) is interim analysis to be fed into a further spreadsheet, and I didn’t think that PowerBI could export spreadsheets like that?

AF

tomallan
    Keymaster

Although the cost is minimal compared to other BI products, now you are no longer looking at only free solutions. Datasets loaded into Power BI in the cloud (develop in Power BI Desktop and publish to powerbi.com) can also be data sources.

There is also a much more advanced solution becoming available through Power BI: the Common Data Service.

With monthly, and sometimes weekly, updates to Power BI, the Power BI you knew a year ago has moved into bigger and better applications that the competition perhaps has already started to explore.

🙂

AngusFair
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Tom. I’ll have to take another look at Power BI and the Common Data Service.

tomallan
    Keymaster

This morning I learned that MS is changing the name for Common Data Service to DataFlows. If interested in how this could benefit your business, you can read more at this link.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.