Home Forums Power Pivot Merging Reports at Different Depths

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cceliot 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cceliot
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 9

Hello –

I’ve got a budget table set at a project level –  Project 1: $500K, etc.- and a transactional data table set at a PO level –  Project 1, PO #1 – $1K, etc. I’d like to do some pivoted Budget v. Actual reporting, but I’d like to display it down through the PO level – would like to make component-wise spend visible granularly. However, my budget is only set at the Project level.

I want to add a “PO” actuals row below below my Project row, but I want the Budget vs. Actual analysis to continue only on top, at the Project row. Thoughts:

Is there a way to have =CALCULATE() display values only for a certain filter context in the pivot? I.e. a calculation If (filter context = “Project”, then sum(budget), else blank)… just searching for some way. This would be extremely useful, not finding help in the book. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 2556
    • Total: 2563

I have seen something like this done before, using the ISFILTERED function to control the display of the budget.

cceliot
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 9
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.