Home Forums Power Pivot Measure not holding format

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Harold_Hunter 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Harold_Hunter
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 3

Hi, I’ve created a simple measure using the Divide function  (profit / revenues) to give a profit %.

I’ve formatted using the formatting box below the formula, specifying %.

However, the format doesn’t come through to the pivot.   10% just comes through as 0.1 for example.

If I change the formatting direct on the pivot table, it doesn’t keep the formatting when I move columns and fields around.   Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Here’s my measure for information:

<span style=”font-size: xx-small;”>=</span><span style=”color: #0000ff; font-size: xx-small;”>DIVIDE</span><span style=”font-size: xx-small;”>([Actual PGM],[Actual Revenues],0)</span>

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 2580
    • Total: 2587

Did you set the format in the Power Pivot window or in the Excel ribbon?

Harold_Hunter
    Participant

I set the fornat in the formatting section of the Measures > New Measure section.

I added the formula, and then selected the formatting in the section below – under number, and then percentage.   So to answer your question, I think that means in the power pivot window.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 2580
    • Total: 2587

Re-check the formatting in the measure formula window and, if the formatting has held, then try creating your pivot on a new sheet and let me know if formatting comes through.

Harold_Hunter
    Participant

Hi, creating pivot in a new sheet has worked.   Thanks for your time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.