Home Forums Power Pivot LOOKUPVALUE issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  portalturks 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

portalturks
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 3

Hi All,

I’m a rookie about PowerPivot and I’m trying to develop a tool by using DAX formulas but stuck at some point.

Attached you will find the data structure that I’m working on: there are 3 “Tables” named Opp, Users, KPI and there are relationships between tables. (e.g. ‘Opp[Opp_Owner] column is related with ‘Users[Full_Name] )

What I’d like to do with PowerPivot is to calculate targets by following a rational which I’ll describe later and write it to ‘Users [Target1] and ‘Users[Target2], in attacted excel I filled it with yellow. What formula needs to do is to;

• Look at ‘Users[Division]
      • if it is “AE” bring ‘Users[Full_Name] and count ‘Opp[Opp_Owner] return a number e.g. for Leo Marc 3
      • multiply it with the corresponding number at ‘KPI[Target1]. e.g. for AE with 5
    • if the [Division] is not “AE” but something at ‘KPI[Division] it will multiply the outcome with a constant 10 (e.g. 30*10 for SR)
    • else 0

What I was able to write so far is nearly nothing 🙂 it seems like below:

=IF(‘User DivMap'[DivisionAdj]=”AE”,??????????,LOOKUPVALUE(Table1[Visits],Table1[Division],’User Div Map'[Division Adj])*10)

Which functions together I need to use in order to make it possible?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 2566
    • Total: 2573

Hi PortalTurks,

The biggest issue you are facing is that you are thinking like an Excel user, not a Power Pivot user.

In a model with the 3 related tables you describe, the formula for a calculated column (not a measure) is:

=
    IF (
    Users[Division] = “AE”,
    COUNTROWS ( RELATEDTABLE ( Opp ) ) * RELATED ( ‘KPI'[Target1] ),
    IF (
    NOT ( ISBLANK ( RELATED ( ‘KPI'[Division] ) ) ),
    RELATED ( ‘KPI'[Target1] ) * [Constant],
    )
    )

I strongly recommend reading a basic Power Pivot book, such as “Power Pivot and Power BI” by Rob Collie or “Supercharge Excel” by Matt Allington. Both authors offer practical courses in Power Pivot, and I also recommend you choose one of them. These actions will save you from many hours of grief.

Please see attached workbook (yours, modified).

Attachments:

portalturks
    Participant

Hi Tomallan,

Thank you very much. This was actually my first Power Pivot study which I had to use Power Pivot in order to reach my study goal because otherwise the workbook is getting very non-user friendly. I’ll start with the books that you recommend to me.

Very much appreciated and see you in forums 🙂

portalturks
    Participant

Hi

This might not directly related with Power Pivot but an issue has been occured when I’d like to “show items with no data”.

My target fields are populated by a using the formula as discussed above but the names are repeating when I activate “show items with no data” and looks like attached. Normally it should look like:

Name   Div Adj.   Visit_Target    Call_Target    Opp_Count    

A              AE              15                          15                          5

B              SR              50                          75                         10

C              AE              0                            0                           0      (when show items with no data activated)

Is this about the relationships between tables and the directions of them maybe?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.