Home Forums Power Update Issue refreshing Power Query sources automatically. Manual is fine.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Charles 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kellandanielson
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 9

Charlie
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Total: 6

Thanks for the reply.  I am not sure what you are suggesting I change – however I did run it in nonparallel mode and had the same problem.

The workbook is very simple, the table is only 100 rows, and one pivot table report from the data model.

I am using Excel 2010 32 bit and power query – also I do have multiple versions of excel on my computer, but it seems to open the 2010 excel when in diagnostic mode, so that does not seem to be the problem

Charles
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 34
    • Total: 36

The internal method that we use to refresh Excel 2010 PowerPivot models does not support Power Query data sources in Excel 2010, but the next update due to be released in a few days will use UI automation to refresh the workbook in these cases. Meanwhile you can either avoid using Power Query as a data source in PowerPivot for Excel 2010 or upgrade the model to Excel 2013.

kellandanielson
    Participant

Thanks guys. I can’t wait to try out the update. IT at our company isn’t allowing the upgrade to Office 2013 for business users so kind of stuck with 2010 for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again,

Kellan

Charles

We have published the update, you can download and install it by re-running the webinstaller from here:

http://www.power-planner.com/Portals/0/Downloads/PU/pusetup.exe

(Please note that there’s about a 1 min delay before the actual update starts in case of Excel 2010 PowerPivot models, to allow time for larger models to load)

kellandanielson
    Participant

Thanks cd! I am attempting to update my workbook now with the new Power Update release with no luck. When running in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the PowerPivot window, which is further than before, but it doesn’t refresh the PowerPivot connections unfortantely. I am not touching the keyboard or mouse and have the retry set to 5 with 60 s wait between. This workbook is pretty large so I’m wondering if there is anything you think I could try to improve my chances of this running?

One other note, will this work with the publish the SSAS tabular option? I have a SSAS remote server (don’t have access to local instance) with a shared folder IT set up. I’m assuming I can run the update on my workbook locally and Power Update will move to data transfer to the remote server? What is the preferred approach here?

I was so excited this morning when you said you completed this release! Looking forward to getting this to work as this will be a game changer at my work!!

Charles

Please write us an email to feedback (at) power-planner.com with your email address and we’ll help you get it working.

Charles

Meanwhile we could reproduce this issue and fix it.

You can download and install the latest update from the same location.

The tabular SSAS setup you mentioned should work if you specify the file share on the SSAS Server and the local path on the SSAS server mapped to the file share.

Please make sure you have administrative access to the SSAS server to be able to restore cubes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Power Update’ is closed to new topics and replies.