Home Forums Power Update Help with PowerUpdate Failures

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  debbie.cruz 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

debbie.cruz
    Participant
    • Started: 5
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 10

We have a series of reports scheduled for Refresh in PowerUpdate, and have all been running fine until today. Now everything is failing.

The error I get is…
    Updating workbook C:\PowerUpdate\Source\PP_WholesaleCostChangeReport.xlsm failed. Please check additional messages in task history for detailed errors. Setting Automatic calculation options for workbook C:\Users\dcruz\AppData\Local\Temp\Power Update\5ef3a5c3-df3e-4c1e-9183-eeb4fff52294\PP_WholesaleCostChangeReport.xlsm failed. Error: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\dcruz\AppData\Local\Temp\Power Update\5ef3a5c3-df3e-4c1e-9183-eeb4fff52294\PP_WholesaleCostChangeReport.xlsm’ because it is being used by another process.

I’ve tried to refresh the files manually, and that works fine… but obviously i have too many reports to sit and do this manually ever day.

I’ve already tried the following:
    – rebooted the PC,
    – cleared the temp files from the directory
    – confirmed i have enough avail. disk space on C:\ drive

…and still get the same errors.

HELP!  I’m at a loss as to what else to try. These all ran fine yesterday, and half of the reports refresh fine this AM, but now everything is failing with the same error

debbie.cruz
    Participant
    • Started: 5
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 10

Reports failed all day.  Multiple reboots, clearning of temp files…nothing worked. i was finally able to get them to refresh via PowerUpdate BUT Only when when I had “diagnostic mode” turned on.  I got all the reports refreshed, turned it back off… rebooted PC (thinking this will help ensure all files are “released”.  tried a report again, and it fails.

Help, I really need to figure out why this happening all of a sudden.

PowerUpdate runs on machine dedicated to the reports, so it isn’t being used by anyone while the reports are running.

Not sure what else can be causing the conflicts.  But this is  huge problem as we have at least a dozen reports refreshing every day for executives. and on Monday’s we have additional reports, and more on month end.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power Update’ is closed to new topics and replies.