Home Forums Power Pivot Help required on Data from 2nd edition book

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rbee 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

limey16
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Hi

I purchased  the second edition book Power Pivot and Power Bi, downloaded the sample data from the site outlined and have been working through, all good so far.

However I’m currently on Page 60 – Transactions of a certain type (Normal, refund and promotional sales) it says the database has a column for that so to add it to the Sales table – except it doesn’t ?! – been through all the tables in the access db and there is no column for TransType, any help or guidance would be appreciated

Cheers Jon

rbee
    Participant
    • Replies: 8
    • Total: 9

Hey Jon, I had the same confusion when I was at that point in the book.  In the Sales Table it is column called “Field2” I believe.

-Ricky

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

limey16
    Participant
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Hi Ricky

Thanks for the reply and help – I’ve revisited the Sales table but alas still no Field 2 as shown, has a Field 1 but that’s Nulls,  I even re-downloaded the access db file from the site to make sure Im not going mad,  still no luck, even tried the adventure works DB into SQL server lol.

Don’t suppose you could upload the table in some format? csv maybe, Would help me a great deal, wouldn’t be so bad but without being able to create the measures I can’t really progress, they are used a lot further down the line

Cheers

Jon

rbee
    Participant
    • Replies: 8
    • Total: 9

Hey Jon  what the heck!  Sorry for your troubles. I attached the “FactInterSales. csv”  from the Books Access database that came with the book.  Let me know if this works for you!!!

*Edit*, Jon, I tried to upload a compressed version of the FactInterSales.csv and it is 1053KB  so I am over the max file size limit.  I will share both the file and the Access Database via onedrive with you.  Let me know if his link works:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq1Fan6nxfdngtJzxz0uydLsoYR_4A

Ricky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.