Home Forums Power Pivot DAX formulas lost when I recreate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

HOASTONGE
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 0
    • Total: 1

Hi!

Question : Every time I have to add or modify one of the columns in the Power Query, I have to recreate the Power Pivot, (Bugs from Microsoft) But…. if my Power Pivot contains a lot of DAX formulas, I have to recreate one by one. My history is when you have to recreate DAX formulas.. is my pain of ….

How I can recreate easily all of my DAX formulas when I need to recreate the Tab in my Power Pivot ?  and not using one by one cut and past…

My Power Pivot contains one hundred heavy duty DAX formulas like that….

Primes-NC:=CALCULATE(SUM(‘FaitDonnéesDivulguées'[Valeur]);
    FILTER(‘DimChampCalculé’;
    ( (‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeChampCalculé]=”Primes.dees-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PC1″) ||
    (‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeChampCalculé]=”Primes.dees-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PC2″))
    ||
    ((‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeChampCalculé]=”Primes.dees-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PP1″) ||
    (‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeChampCalculé]=”Primes.dees-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PP2″))
    ))
    /
    CALCULATE(SUM(‘FaitDonnéesDivulguées'[Valeur]);
    FILTER(‘DimChampCalculé’;
    ((‘DimChampCalculé'[NomChampCalculé]=”brutes-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PC1″) ||
    (‘DimChampCalculé'[NomChampCalculé]=”brutes-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PC2″))
    ||
    ((‘DimChampCalculé'[NomChampCalculé]=”brutes-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PP1″) ||
    (‘DimChampCalculé'[NomChampCalculé]=”brutes-NC” && ‘DimChampCalculé'[CodeFormulaire]=”PP2″))
    ))

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 0
    • Replies: 417
    • Total: 417

To prevent loosing measures when you delete a tab in the Power Pivot window, you can create a “measures” or “dummy” table that has no purpose other than to associate a table name with a measure. As long as you do not delete the measures table, you will not loose any of your measures associated with it.

If you are looking for a utility that will copy the formulas for measures and calculated columns, consider using the Power Pivot Utilities or DAX Studio which you can find here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.