Home Forums Power Pivot DATEADD -1

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gillyd123 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gillyd123
    Participant
    • Started: 7
    • Replies: 19
    • Total: 26

Hi

I’m looking to be able to enter any date from current year to reverse back 1 year later. Is there a “pattern” or an example that I can follow to work this out for my own data?

Many thanks for your assistance

Best wishes

GillyD

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Replies: 2461
    • Total: 2468

Could depend on your measure and model.

A variation of what you are looking for would be to “slice” your way into any date (or any calendar period, which could include month or quarter).

To this end, the time intelligence function SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR would NOT work because it does not always play well with slicers.

Please take a look at the attached workbook which that I created using a “previous year” pattern created by Marco Russo and Alberto Ferrari from this site.

Other options would be to read about cube formulas in Excel which you could google using the expression below

powerpivotpro.com: cube formulas

Cube formulas, I have found to be a good resource, but often lacking in flexibility.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

gillyd123
    Participant
    • Replies: 19
    • Total: 26

Bless you Tom and on a Saturday! Thank you so much – it’s very much appreciated!

GillyD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.