Home Forums Power Pivot CUBEVALUE returns #N/A

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ColinBurrows 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ColinBurrows
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 7

I’m using Excel 2013.  I have a total of 7 slicers and a bunch of measures.  If I create a new pivot table, add a measure, and connect all 7 slicers to the pivot table, then it works as it should.

However, if I convert the table to formulas, then the CUBEVALUE formula returns #N/A.  Curiously, if I modify the formula to remove any one of the Slicers, then it works and returns the correct number.  So it chokes when the 7th slicer is added.

The other piece of the puzzle, though, is that when I first set it up, it was working.  Then I created more measures, and discovered that it had changed to #N/A.  I continued tweaking some measures and found that it reverted to showing numbers.  Hooray!  Except that I continued with some other changes and it went back to #N/A.  Boo.

I’ve been trying to narrow down what’s going on, but to no avail so far.  I think it has to be a bug, but am wondering if anybody has any information about it.  Including, hopefully, a workaround of some sort?

TIA,

Colin

ColinBurrows
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 7

Update:  So of course I go back to work on it after posting this and find it’s fixed itself!  Which makes me think it’s some kind of memory/calculation glitch.  Although I have 8GB of memory and I am running the 64-bit version of Excel.

Odd, though, that it’s only when I add in a 7th slicer that it manifests itself…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Power Pivot’ is closed to new topics and replies.