Home Forums Power Pivot Cubevalue Formula – How to return values from a single, specific date

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  preetham 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kilpach
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 0
    • Total: 1

I am working with cube formulas in Excel and trying to write a cubemember formula, which references another cell containing a SINGLE date that would then be used in a cubevalue formula to return sales from that date.   When doing so, the cubemember formula returns #NA.   If I substitute a week, period or year reference (all of which are also fields in my date table), the cubemember formula is successful in returning the associated week, period or year).  However, when trying to reference a specific date, the formula fails.

Here are is the example:

Cell A1:  9/1/17

Cell A2:  =CUBEMEMBER(“ThisWorkbookDataModel”,”[Time Dimensions].[Date].[“&A1&”]”) – <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>this returns #NA</span>

Cell A3:  =CUBEMEMBER(“ThisWorkbookDataModel”,”[Measures].[Sum of GROSS SALES]”)

Cell A3:  =CUBEVALUE(“ThisWorkbookDataModel”,A1,A2)

I have tried to substitute the above Cubemember formula with a cubeset formula, but this does not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chad

preetham
    Participant
    • Started: 6
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 9

Hi

Please check the attached snapshot for your reference

Regards

Preetham

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.