Home Forums Power Pivot Budget vs Actual, Budget Set at Higher Granularity

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cceliot 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cceliot
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 9

Hello –

We’re managing a project with a Work Breakdown Structure. The project is broken down component wise as in the following example: Project (Build a House), Order (Construction- vs. permitting, land grading, etc), Sub # (Electrician), and PO (run master conduit).

I have a transactional table of project expenses structured as follows: Order — Sub # — PO — $ Value.

I have a budget table set at the Sub # Level, as follows: Order — Sub # — Budget.

I want to construct a Budget vs. Actual vs. Remaining report that will display the aggregate Actual expenses reported down to the PO level. There are no Budgets set at the PO level, so I want the Actual vs. Budget + Remainder calc showed above the PO’s on the pivot,  at the Order and Sub Level. I would like blank values for Budget and Remainder shown at the PO level.

Please see the attached for the drawn out example. We’re moving to leveraging WBS more heavily in our ERP and this example will go a long way to facilitate that. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cceliot
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 9

hi, just following up on this. Any ideas? Its really just how to display characteristics of a lookup table that’s less granular than it’s data table (i.e budget) , while still displaying the more granular data. thanks for any assistance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.