Home Forums Power Pivot "Blank" in Row field of Pivot Table

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomallan 3 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Avais
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Hi

I hope you are well.

I am working with Power Pivot & Power BI book by Rob and Avi and I have hit a number of stumbling blocks in chapter 14 exercises that involve a Calendar relationship to Sales Data. Note that I chose to use the Excel Table downloaded from the link given in the book i.e. http://ppvt.pro/xlCalendar.

I have managed to resolve the initial issues (e.g. the “many to many” relationship error because the Calendar had blank values in the Date column), however now I have another issue which I am not able to get my head around. For example, if I drag the Working Day field into the Rows of the pivot table, it does not show me any of the days but instead just show “(blank)” and if I uncheck (blank) from the column filter, the pivot table stops showing even the Grand Total (Total Sales).

I have attached the file. Please could you have a look and let me know what is it that I am doing wrong?

Appreciate your help

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 9
    • Replies: 2308
    • Total: 2317

Could you attach a link to file?

What version of Excel are you using?

Avais
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

Hi Tom

Many thanks for replying. I was able to figure it out shortly after I sent the message. The Calendar period did not cover the dates in the Sales Table and hence the pivot table was returning a blank. It was so obvious but while I was trying other ways to isolate the problem it just did not occur to me that the dates could be different.

Thanks anyway

tomallan
    Keymaster
    • Started: 9
    • Replies: 2308
    • Total: 2317

Avais,

Glad to hear you were able to find your solution.

Also pleased to know that this forum is on your list when looking for help!

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.