Home Forums Power Update Automatic Calculation turned off?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Grove 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Matt Grove
    Participant
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 3

I love Power Update except for one minor annoyance… Power Update sets the calculation mode to “Manual” on workbooks every time it runs on my computer. Any way to make it stay in “Automatic” Calculation mode? I’m trying to keep things as “Fisher-Price” as possible, but I have to instruct all my users to switch on “Automatic” calculation mode every time they open the workbook.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

C Floyd
    • Started: 1
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 4

@mgrove,

Does this happen on the target file or the source file? We need to understand how you are running the job.

By default we use the source file, and recommend users to select a different directory for the target file. If it is turned off in the source file it will also be turned off(manual) in the target file.

If you can check the source file, make sure it is set to Automatic, and it should be automatic in the target file as well, as we don’t touch the setting during the refresh.

Chris.

[email protected]

Matt Grove
    Participant
    • Started: 2
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 3

Yeah, I checked  that. The source file is set to Automatic and the target file is Manual. I just checked it again to make sure I wasn’t going crazy.

Not sure if this will help or make things more confusing: On most of my workbooks I have 2 refreshes scheduled:

1. one that goes weekly, emails it out as an attachment to the users and saves a file locally.
    2. I also have a refresh that is scheduled daily on the same source workbook and those are all saved to Sharepoint. (No email for that one, except one to me to tell me the job was successful)

It’s the weekly, emailed, locally saved workbooks that are always getting set to Manual calculation. The Sharepoint-saved refreshed of the same source workbooks do not have this happening… they stay in Automatic calculation mode.

Thanks for any help you are able to offer!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Power Update’ is closed to new topics and replies.